Mr. Seldes is an experienced Emergency Management consultant, planner, trainer and technologist with 30 years of experience.. He is a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) as well as a Florida Professional Emergency Manager (FPEM) and a Master Florida EM Instructor. He has served as the Director of Operations and Emergency Management at ntb group, LLC since 2003.
Prior to ntb group, Mr. Seldes was a Senior Vice President at Global Learning Systems and managed global training projects in the government, defense and military sectors.
Mr. Seldes is a nationally known expert in disaster and emergency planning for Mass Care and Mass Casualty/Fatality Incident Management and frequently speaks at emergency management conferences on these topics.
Sample client engagements include:
- Instructor for FEMA EMI – Mass Fatality Incident Management at 2012 IAEM Conference.
- CERT Trainer Miami-Dade County, FL
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) Project Lead Miami Shores Village
- Team Member for Minnesota THIRA (Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment) project
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Kansas City Regional Evacuation Working Group
- 2012 Red Cross Exercise Program Manager for North Treasure Coast Region
- Served as evaluator for 2011 St Lucie County Multi-Agency HSEEP Exercise. Responsible for evaluation of Staging Area operations and tactical (SWAT and EOD) team operations.
- FEMA Disaster Reservist – assigned to N-IMAT team / planning section (2011)
- Development lead for Florida 911 Telecommunicator eLearning project
- Planning Section Chief for Incident Management Team (IMT) in Sipsey Alabama for the April 27th, 2011 super-tornados
- Conducted advanced ICS training on behalf of Florida Division of Emergency Management for the Federal Air Marshal program
- Mass Fatality Incident Response Training and Planning for Palm Beach County, Miami-Dade County, and Broward County, Florida.
- Project Lead and Lead Planner for local hazard mitigation plan for the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans (2009-present)
- Developed SOPs, SOGs and plans for Indian River County, FL EOC incorporating E Team (2006-2008)
- Developed Resource Management workflow and processes for Indian River County EOC, Brevard County EOC sing E-Team (2008).
- Supported New Orleans EOC Planning and Logistics sections for Hurricane Gustav evacuation. Primary logistics support application was WebEOC (2008).
- Developed “on the fly” resource management procedures to support 2004 Florida hurricanes (2004)
- Developed and conducted series of HSEEP compliant exercises that ranged from tabletop, to functional to full-scale (2006-2012).
- Certified by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a HSEEP and NIMS/ICS trainer.
- Reviewer for pandemic flu plan for Brevard County, FL (2007)
- Hazard, risk and operations planning for large hospital/healthcare system (15 hospitals, 17 long-term care facilities, a medical research institute, three trauma centers, five home health agencies, a hospice network and dozens of outpatient centers) (2007)
- Curriculum Development for US Federal Air Marshal training program
- Training Needs Analysis for US TSA Baggage Screener program.
- Supported E-Team and Rapid Response systems implementations in Missouri, Arizona and California.
In 2001, Paul was a survivor of and then responder to the attacks on the World Trade Center. He served at Ground Zero for 9 months, initially as a coordinator for search and rescue operations and later in a logistics and operations coordination role. Logistics responsibilities included supporting ongoing operations and providing liaison support of diverse agency needs.
In 2004, Paul served as the regional mass care officer for 2 Florida counties during hurricanes Jeanne and Frances coordinating multiple ESFs and agencies. Paul developed the mass care plan for St Lucie and Indian River counties in Florida.
In 2005, Paul served as a logistics officer for a medical strike team sponsored by RICE International Relief Corp in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina. Paul provided logistics and resourcing support services pre and post mobilization and supported ongoing missions.
In 2008, Paul provided operational support in the New Orleans EOC for the city’s evacuation ahead of Hurricane Gustav.
He has spent countless hours supporting, managing, coordinating and training Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) across the US.
Paul is a seated member of the Treasure Coast LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committee). The LEPC is responsible for preparing a regional hazardous materials emergency response plan, serves as a repository for regional hazardous materials information, and performs outreach functions to increase hazardous materials awareness. Paul serves on the sub-committee on training.
Paul serves on the advisory board to the Palm Beach - North Treasure Coast Chapter of the Red Cross, the board of the Indian River County VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster) and serves on several emergency management committees.
NC4 E Team, ESI WebEOC, Previstar CEMPlanner
MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer)
BEA Tuxedo certified
BEA WebLogic certified
Databases: MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle
Languages: C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, .Net, JAVA, HTML, XML, FLASH
Multimedia: Adobe Premiere, various multimedia programming environments
OS: MS Windows family (client and server), Unix, Linux, Apple OS-X
Advanced Interactive Systems (AIS) PRISM tactical simulator
Development tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Captivate, MS Visual Studio
FPEM (Florida Professional Emergency Manager)
ICS/NIMS Trainer certified (449)
DHS Certified Continuity of Operations Program Manager
FEMA Professional Development Series
FEMA NIMS Resources Management
CHS-III (Certified in Homeland Security level 3) certification - American College of Forensic Examiners
DHS/FEMA/DMORT Mass Fatality Incident
HazMat Awareness Level Certified
Red Cross Damage Assessment Certified (Trainer)
Red Cross Mass Care Certified ESF6 (Trainer)
FEMA Certified ESF 10, ESF 8, ESF6, ESF3, ESF1
HSEEP Trainer Certified
NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 certified
E Team Trainer
Red Cross Shelter Management Operations certified
FEMA Debris Management
Radiological Hazard certified (DoD)
Certified EMT (not current)
Florida Concealed Carry permit holder
SDI/TDI/ERDI Advanced Open Water and Nitrox diver
SDI/TDI/ERDI Divemaster candidate (2012)
Memberships & Affiliations:
International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
Florida Emergency Preparedness Association (FEPA)
American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
American College for Forensic Examiners Institute (ACFEI)
Treasure Coast District 10 LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committee)
Paul G. Seldes
2046 Treasure Coast Plaza, Suite A-288
Vero Beach, Fl 32960
Florida Police and Fire Games 2004
Read Paul's Sept 11th, 2001 story by following this link.
Paul Seldes with First Lady
Laura Bush after 2004 Florida